Home60 RAKsFree PatternsCross StitchNeedlepointPainted PorcelainContact Me

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Two Surprises, Link Party

Well, made it back home from visiting my DD and DGS. It was SOOOOO fun to spend time with them both. Man oh man......I'd forgotten how ACTIVE a two-year-old can be. It's good to be back....but it was so hard to leave.

Look what was waiting for me when I walked in the door:


Minestrone soup was in the crock pot.....and DH handed me a glass of wine. Perfect.

Going through the mail upon my return, I found two surprises - here are birthday gifts from sweet Lilllie of Little Needlecrafter:


A gorgeous scarf I can use as a scarf or wrap and a lovely stitched piece, "Belle", in my favorite color! THANK YOU, LILLIE!

And my dear friend, Renee of Living My Dream sent me two hand stitched gifts....but I can only share one right now, as another will be featured on a magazine early next year, so I"m sworn to secrecy....


This little zippered bag matches a coin purse Renee sent me a year ago or so. I LOVE the material - and the inside has cat eyes that glow - AWESOME! Thank you so much, Renee.

Today is the big reveal day for Stephanie's Teacup Exchange. I've employed DH to take some pictures for me (it's a bit overcast here, so I can't get good pictures). I'll share my delightful gifts and link up with Stephanie and all later today.

Take care!

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to return home! Your gifts are beautiful. I am sure it also felt good to sleep soundly last night. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that your trip went so well - and how nice to come home to flowers, wine and dinner! Kudos to DH. Having special mail waiting is pretty nice, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the tea cup exchange posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Kim! Glad you had a wonderful visit with your daughter and grandson. What lovely gifts you received!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific return home! You definitely have a keeper there. And then beautiful gifts as well. You could not have planned that better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to come home to all of that! A wonderful husband and some great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know my packaged arrived safely. Glad you like it.
    What a great way to be home greeted by gifts awaiting for you. Enjoy!
    It's always wonderful to be visiting your love ones, leaving is always hard, but there's another time to look forward to. Happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see you back! You received lovely gifts, a great welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home. Such lovely gifts and treats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renee little zip purse looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad your visit was a great one. :D And that you were obviously missed! What beautiful gifts you received.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would say that was a pretty decent welcome home! DH must have missed you and getting fun things in the mail is the absolute best. Well, flowers and soup aren't too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always nice to be home - especially when you feel pampered with surprises as you walk in the door!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you enjoyed your trip and had a lovely return home too. Beautiful presents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you had a good trip! Enjoy your goodies :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet way for your DH to welcome you home! I am so glad you enjoyed your visit. Your gifts from Lillie are lovely! And, I am glad you liked the zipper pouch (especially as it was the first one I made) and the 2nd gift. Thank you so much for the giveaway goodies you mailed me this year and for the sweet birthday RAK. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a perfect homecoming to me. Such lovely gifts from your friends, too. Well deserved, my dear SSF.

    ReplyDelete